01 Aug Steps to a Successful a Benzo Detox
Benzodiazepine medications are some of the most frequently prescribed drugs in the U.S. Often referred to as “benzos,” there are different forms of the drug, which is commonly used to treat anxiety, sleep issues, and convulsions or seizures. Benzos are intended for short-term use and can be highly addicting if the time period or dosage recommendations are exceeded. For people who have developed an addiction, successful benzo detox can be difficult. However, full recovery is possible.
How the Benzo Detox Process Progresses
At Diamond House Detox, benzo detox takes place in a safe, private environment following a proven process:
- Rapid access. Same-day placement in our program is available, and we are standing by to get the process started 24 hours a day.
- Initial contact. Clients call our admissions coordinators at 800-205-6107 or contact them through our online contact form.
- Insurance verification. Our team works with the client to find the most cost-effective way to receive treatment.
- Intake assessment. A nurse with expertise in benzo detox talks with the client about their addiction and mental health challenges to better understand their needs.
- Treatment begins. The detox process involves getting established in a private room at our center near Sacramento.
- Weaning and withdrawal. Guided by our team, the client begins cutting back on their benzo use. Short-term withdrawal symptoms begin one to two days after last use. They may include irritability, sweating, sleep disturbances, headache, muscle pain and stiffness, weight loss, hallucinations, anxiety, and other effects.
While withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and even painful, they are generally not life-threatening. The duration and severity of withdrawal is dependent on a number of factors, including the person’s history of benzo use. After the initial symptoms subside and the client leaves our facility, additional effects may be present for anywhere from five days to a month. Ultimately, the body adjusts to the absence of the substance and the symptoms disappear entirely.
Committed to Helping You Beat Your Addiction
Benzo detox takes commitment and the help of a skilled and experienced counseling and medical team. However, people who have successfully completed the process are very vocal about how life-changing it is. From allowing them to get or keep a job to preventing the loss of important relationships with loved ones, it’s a challenge that truly pays off in the end. If you want more details on what’s involved in benzo detox at Diamond House Detox near Sacramento, don’t hesitate to call us at (800) 205-6107 to learn more about our programs.